64 bit problem with ProgramWindow.TakeScreenShot()

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2010 at 8:37 AM

In a 64 bit windows OS 32 bit apps is installed in "C:\Program Files(x86)\" , if you try to use "ProgramWindow.TakeScreenShot()" in your apps it doesnt work, it looks for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic\lib\proctor.txt". I grabbed the source code to fix it but in the source code the class ProgramWindow doesnt have a TakeScreenShot method !?! Is there a different class/method I should use or why was it removed from the source? In the download version 020 from June 8th its in the dll (checked with Reflector). The commit log give no clues at all, all those empty commit messages makes it really hard to know what is changed between the commits.

And just checking out the source code and running the tests, many of them fails.

1. One of the tests requires my computer must be named WINXPPRO for the test to pass
2. Apparently you must have SmallBasic installed with this projects extensions, and you cannot have a modified Proctor.txt either.
3. Some tests compare images, and I think all of them fails on my 64 bit Win7 machine.

So, if I make changes and want to send you a patch, how will I now if I really broke something?

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2010 at 3:41 AM

I've modified the TakeScreenShot to check both directories, so it should work with 64 bit machines now.

Almost all of the test use image compares. but I'm not sure if the 64 bit is the issue, or the windows 7 is, or if it's something else.

The Proctor.txt shouldn't be and issue for the test though, I don't believe it is used.

I would be happy to pair with you to test out the tests on an other system, but only developed on 1 system so far.

We don't normally comment with commits, since we don't ever read them, but can understand how you might appreciate them. 

Hopefully this last version fixes the issues you are having.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:04 AM

I didnt have the time to wait for you to fix it so I fixed it myself, check the issue tab for my patch. The power of open source :)